AANR – NW BEACH CLEAN UP 2018
To print out details Click Beach Cleanup Information
Mountaindale Sun Resort will provide free tent camping and free day fees for all Beach Clean-Up participants. For those coming to Mountaindale Sun Resort on Saturday, dinner will be provided.
Saturday, August 25 at 10:00 a.m. at Rooster Rock State Park. Meet at the east end of the parking lot near the restrooms. To sign-up:https://www.solveoregon.org/opportunity/a0C1I00000F0AHf .
This is a clothing optional event, if you are cleaning in the nude area.
- It is highly suggested that you wear foot coverings, sun screen and hats are also recommended.
- Bring work gloves if you have them. All tools and clean-up bags will be furnished.
- Working with the Rooster Rock park staff. the Park Ranger Supervisor will have a list of projects that includes light to heavy work.
- Volunteers do not have to pay the day use fee. Tell the person in the registration booth that you are there for the clean-up.
- When registering, you may receive a card to put in your window.
- The clean-up should not last longer than around three hours, followed by a hot dog barbeque.
- AANR-NW will provide cold water, sugar free lemonade, hot dogs, buns and trimmings and some other snacks.
- Please do not leave any items of value visible in your car.
- The only restrooms accessible from the nude beach are located near the parking area.
- The Columbia Gorge Express bus ($5 round trip) goes from the Gateway Transit Center to Rooster Rock and on to Multnomah Falls. Details at: http://columbiagorgeexpress.com/
Sunday, August 26 – Sauvie Island-Collins Beach – clean-up at 1:00 p.m. Meet on the beach near the third beach opening. To sign-up: https://www.solveoregon.org/opportunity/a0C1I00000F0AHp .
Work will concentrate on the gravel road parking area and litter sweeps of the beach area. Those cleaning the parking area must remain clothed.
- A hot dog barbeque and potluck will be held at around 3:30 p.m.
- A parking pass is usually required and can be purchased at the store or deli after crossing the bridge to the island. Note: SOLVE has been able to get us some free day-of-event passes for those that volunteer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an e-mailed Collins beach parking pass or further details on these events .
- Restrooms are close and located in the parking area.
- Be sure to bring gardening work gloves (if you have them), a hat and sunscreen and perhaps a water bottle. AANR-NW will have cold water and sugar free lemonade.
As a THANK YOU to the Volunteers: Volunteers will be given a free t-shirt each day they volunteer. One free visitor’s pass to The Willamettans nudist resort will be given out to each volunteer. The certificate entitles each volunteer to three free days and two nights on any campsite or RV site. Only one of these will be given out to each volunteer over the weekend.
AANR NW Spring Board Meeting at Mountaindale Sun Resort